Friday, March 4, 2016

FROM MY KITCHEN WINDOW



I was in my kitchen washing a few dishes and I saw this squirrel in a tree across my back yard....his tail blowing in the wind.
He was in that position so long that I wondered if he was alive.
 Was he sleeping?
Did a Hawk drop him there?
Finally, after a long five minutes , he moved and ran away.






Later that day, I was walking past my den window and noticed
the sun shining on the snow as it set.







I don't think I ever walk past a window without looking outside.
Conversely, I never look in a window when I am outside.
How about you?
This snow has finally disappeared  with last weeks heavy rains.
Enjoy your weekend.



8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning! Yes, I am always looking out our windows. Your sunlight capture is beautiful. What a lovely scene out your window. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, don't go looking in windows when you're outside or you'll be up on Peeping Tom charges!

Regine Karpel said...

Love
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Glad Mr. squirrel was OK. Lovely picture of the sun on the snow. I never see that around here-- too crowded!

Susie said...

Missy, I love your sunset shot. That squirrel must have been resting. They are agile climbing, but I laugh at their crazy ways. Blessings for a nice weekend. It's chilly here. xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

That is quite a beautiful tail on that squirrel! Glad he is okay. Love the path of sun across the yard between the houses. Great shots! I do like to look INto windows, too...especially at night when I used to walk through our old historic district. xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

So glad the squirrel was okay. Love the photo of the sun shining on the snow.
~Cindy

Kelly said...

The snow looks so pretty! Are you happy that it has melted? It probably makes it easier to get around.