Monday, March 28, 2016

SPRING HAS SPRUNG



My sister (who lives down the street) and I
have a hard time waiting to plant flowers.




I bought these Lenten Roses (the pink ones) several weeks ago.
The nursery said not to plant them until after May 15th...
you know that old Mothers Day thing that I always ignore.
They hadn't been in temps below 50 degrees.
I bought them because you can't find them later.
I put them in my 40-50 degree garage for a couple of weeks and planted them.
Since then we have had a coupe of freezing nights and they seem to be fine.
The others (to the left) are several years old and have had white blooms on them all winter.




I was very bored on a drizzly Sunday several weeks ago so I went out to the local nursery once again...
I planted these in the drizzle...It was warm drizzle..





This adorable snail was a gift from a very special lady. 
I see him every time I walk past my front door.
Thanks Bev..







9 comments:

Mildred said...

Good Morning, Many years ago at another home, we had several Lenten Roses. This pink variety that you purchased is gorgeous! I also love the colorful spring pot and the snail to greet you at the door! Have a nice Monday.

Lynne said...

I am feeling a tad jealous . . .
Springtime color already blooming . . .
Happy to see the cheer though . . .
I knew there were varieties of Lenten Rose, Helebores . . .
Nice to see your variety . . .
Mine have darker leaves . . . lighter flower color . . .
I like your sweet pink . . .
Happy Easter Monday . . .

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, pretty flowers. I love the cute snail! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Diane said...

You're a brave soul. I always wait until the first week or two of May. May 15th happens to be one of my grandmother's birthday so it always makes me think of her when I plant! Your flowers are gorgeous!

Junebug said...

I love Spring when the flowers start to bloom. I love the pink Lenten Rose. Mine are burgundy and white and are perennials in my zone. Enjoy your day!

Kelly said...

I love all of your pretty flowers. I don't have any planted at my house yet. I've just been enjoying my neighbors flowers.

Stewart M said...

We had a cool Easter - but it was wonderful to sit outside in the evening with a cup of coffee and watch it get dark. Not at home for a few days, so nice to have a different view.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Such beautiful flowers and love the snail!

b"E"th ( : edwards said...

so cheerful. i love them. some of my favorite moments!! love the pansies. hope you had a nice Easter. ( :