Wednesday, April 13, 2016

HOW WE WHILE AWAY THE HOURS


Outside my dining room window there is a weeping cherry tree.
Those of you who follow my blog are familiar with it.
The Finches suck the nectar from the blossoms 
as quickly as it blooms.
This tree is a stopping place for all kinds of birds and provides 
endless hours of entertainment for the three of us. 






Max watches from the kitchen counter or dining room table...




Eileen from
and "Saturdays Critters"
recently posted that she took pictures from the window by her dining room table ....
I moved one of my feeders to my dining room window..
no screen..bigger window..same birds
Works for Max too! 
Thanks Eileen




House Finches are very plentiful
 and eat me out of house and home.






I have been trying to get a shot of this Chickadee for days.
They don't sit still for a minute.







Meet Wilhelmina one foot...She's been hanging out here
for the past week..She comes and goes ..seems to do just fine!
No perching for her.







Love the little Downies..






Mollie watches from across the room between naps
on the back of the couch.






Linking with Stewart at Wild Bird Wednesday

I hope your week is going well.

10 comments:

Beverly Frankeny said...

You always get such good bird photos!!! Wonder what happened to old "one foot"??? Maybe a kitty!

Mildred said...

Love this post, Missy. The birds are gorgeous, especially the finches. It's always nice to see Max and Mollie. I think Max is resting on the newspaper?? My cats love to lay on the paper or the mail when we bring it in and lay it on the counter!

Lynne said...

Eileen helped you find a great plan . . .
Excellent pics, close up!
It looks like you have some handsome friends . . .

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, looks like you found the perfect spot for your photos of the birds and for Max and sweet Mollie. Everyone is happy. Gorgeous shots of the birds, those chickadees are quick movers. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What great shots you got!

Susie said...

Missy, It is so good that you feed the birds and they entertain you, Max and Mollie. hat is a good idea to have a clear view to get shots. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

Diane said...

Nice entertainment! Nice pictures too.

Lea said...

Wonderful, lovely birds!
We both have House Finches this week

cynthia lee designs said...

Love all the photos!! I try to get pics of the birds in our backyard, but my little Yorkies bark at them...so I can't seem to get any good pictures.
~Cindy

Marie C said...

Love that weeping cherry! The house finches and other bird visitors are great! The cat reminds me of my daughter's cat, Elvis.