Friday, April 8, 2016

MY CHERRY TREE



I have a Weeping Cherry tree just outside my dining room window.
Last week it's buds were ready to burst open.





This week it has started to bloom.
This tree is about three feet wider than it was when I moved here four years ago.
Here it is in it's beginning stages of blooming.









It has beautiful, fragrant blossoms..







Unfortunately I may never see this tree in full bloom because....
the House Finches remove all the blossoms  as they are blooming.
"Harvest time".











Must be the nectar that they are after...




 The blossoms end up on the ground very early in their lives.
The tree will be picked clean.




Darn birds anyway.....

Linking with Eileen at
Saturdays Critters




10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, your weeping cherry tree is beautiful. That is a lot of blooms for the finches to eat. Great series! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Latane Barton said...

Can't you scare the birds off, Missy? That is terrible. Bad birds.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, I guess house finches have to eat too. Too bad!

Diane said...

Hmm... birds stealing blossoms... guess they have a good reason. Happy weekend! Snowing here AGAIN!

Susie said...

Missy, I thought that was so cute, the birds in the tree...till I saw they were taking the blossoms off. I do love your tree. I need to get some photos of our trees. I call that an umbrella tree...our weeping cherry is taller and less of that shape. ...with pink flowers. I had one like yours when I lived in town. Blessings for a nice weekend...we are still cold here. xoxo,Susie

cynthia lee designs said...

They must really like the blossoms!! I have the same tree, but it hasn't bloomed yet here.
~Cindy

Mildred said...

I enjoyed the photos. We inherited one of these trees at one of our previous homes. I loved it!

Stewart M said...

Birds will eat almost anything! Nice shots.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Lynne said...

Beautiful tree Missy . . .
Nice little Finch all perched there . . .
Bet they wait each year for spring to arrive to enjoy sweet nectar . . .
How about building a fence, sides and top!?

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I really enjoyed these pretty blossoms and the cute finch. Lovely post! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and week ahead!