Wednesday, April 20, 2016

PLANTING TIME



Last year, I had my garden extended out a bit.
I guess I didn't have enough to do.
 





Last weekend I planted the front edge of it.






Those shrubs will grow together.




I found this at the local nursery and thought it was pretty.
It will look like this til frost, stay low and get about three feet wide.
It's deciduous and the branches turn red in the fall.
"Nikko Slender Deutzia"





The evergreen is "Siberian Cyprus".
It gets about four feet wide and stays low as well.
I have several of them out front.





I'm sure I will add a couple of other plants 
but I wanted this look for the border. 

I had some helpers as usual.




Monday and Tues I filled it in a bit..
I'm done UNTIL I see what the perennials do.  
People that know me also know that 
I AM NEVER DONE ! 







Linking with Laura
Thoughts of Home Thursday
 
I hope you are having a good week...
 

11 comments:

Laura said...

I love the design of your expanded bed.
I know when I have increased my flower beds I have had that moment where I think- oh no- what have I done!

I hope you will share this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday this week.
Just stop by my blog to join in.
We would love to have you!
Enjoyed visiting,

Laura
White Spray Paint

PS: We are also hosting a Garden Party next Monday, April 25th. This would be a great post for that as well.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, your extended garden looks great. I like the Nikko Slender Deutzia. Have a great day!

Mildred said...

Good Morning, Missy. Very pretty. I especially like the Deutzia. You will enjoy filling in with special plants over time. Hope you have a nice day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's always nice to have a new project!

Diane said...

Gardeners are never "done," are they?? Looks very nice! I hope they do well for you.

Lynne said...

I really like your Nikko Slender Deutzia . . .
I am going for plants tomorrow morning!
Happy planning and planting Missy . . .

Saimi said...

Your hard work paid off!! The garden looks amazing and I see the squirrels think so too!

Tante Mali said...

Oh, Missy, working on your paradiese! Will be fantastic! Evergreens are allways lovely - hope to see more pictures soon.
Happy days
Elisabeth

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your inspiring me to get out into my garden. What an absolute delight this post is!!! Thank you so very much for joining the gathering at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

Laura said...

So glad you are at Thoughts of Home on Thursday!
Welcome!

Stacey said...

Missy, a gardener is never finished and that's the fun of it. :)

My husband and I are always scheming on adding another bed or making one bigger. I love that you are patient enough to let things grow. It's hard to put in bushes and realize that they will fill up a big space but they do. Be sure to show us how it all looks later in the season.

Happy Thoughts of Home. :)