Friday, April 29, 2016

THROUGH MY BLINDS




I usually have Safflower seed in my feeders.
It's less expensive and the squirrels aren't fond of it. 







I thought I'd give the birdies a treat and I bought some
Sunflower Hearts.
It didn't take two days until Sir Squirrel found it.
The white seeds are Safflower.








"Up periscope"

 



I was sitting in my living room yesterday 
and this bird caught my attention.
I have never seen one around here before..
Pardon the picture quality but I had to be fast!!
It is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.




 Happy weekend !!

Joining Stewart



9 comments:

Lynne said...

Great close up photos Missy . . .
Is there really anything Sir Squirrel will not eat . . .

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Missy! Those darn squirrels. They are piggies.

I love the Rose-breasted Grosbeak, a beautiful feeder bird.

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Latane Barton said...

You sneaky thing, you... spying through the blinds at your visitors. But, isn't it fun? Love the grosbeak!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a gorgeous splash of red!

Diane said...

Up periscope-- very funny! I have seen grosbeaks here over the years, but it is a pretty rare sighting.

Susie said...

Missy, I am beginning to wonder if any of us can out smart those tricky squirrels. Great shot and I laughed about the periscope...it looks like he is doing that. We used to get grosbecks around here...but I have not seen any for about 4 years now. Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo, Susie

cynthia lee designs said...

Those ornery squirrels!! I stopped feeding the birds, because of the squirrels. So all the birds have here now is a birdbath.
~Cindy

Saimi said...

I'm sure Mr. Sir Squirrel is a nuisance but he sure is cute. You take great pictures Missy George! Your bird visitor sure is a pretty one.
Have a great weekend!
Saimi

Saimi said...

Hey Missy, I tried to view your latest post on the Farm but it's not up. Don't know if it's me but I just thought you might want to know.
Have a great day,
Saimi