Monday, May 2, 2016

FARM VISIT PART l


Even though it was a grey, rainy day (on and off) ,
a friend and I took a trip to "the farm"
otherwise known as Bee Haven Acres .
We have been in this trough of  yucky weather
 and it's beginning to look like there will be no end.





The Donkeys were there to greet us.!







The sentinel was on guard at the "spring house".
This log cabin is over 200 years old, was once occupied 
and houses a spring in the basement for drinking water.






The ducks were out of view..I believe those are decoys.

 



The Bee hives have had a couple of bad years due to 
Colony Collapse....





We sat around the kitchen and chatted for awhile,
had some lunch , and went to visit the animals.









Aren't these beautiful???
They tasted as good as they look.





To be continued.....




8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Missy! I just love the cute donkeys. Sad to here about the collapse of the bee colony! I hope it recovers. The lunch and the dessert look yummy! This weather is awful. I need some sunshine and dry weather. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Lynne said...

I enjoy your farm visits . . .
Can't wait for Part 2 . . .

Nora said...

Thanks for sharing your farm day. Have a great week!

Junebug said...

Next time call me and I'll go with you, ha-ha!!! Looking forward to more!

Kelly said...

What a beautiful farm that is! I can see why you like going there.

Saimi said...

To be continued? and leave me drooling like that haha, the farm is stunning and those cute donkeys, I can see why you like going there! Can't wait for more to come!!!

Diane said...

Nice pictures! Looks so pleasant.

Susie said...

Missy, I almost missed this. I love your pictures. That building is just amazing. I love it. Now I am going to look at your new post. bless you, xoxo, Susie