Wednesday, May 11, 2016

GETTING OLDER


Max has several routines, one of which is jumping up on this chair,
giving him access to the dining room table (where his food is) and my kitchen counter where he gets in to all kinds of mischief.
Several days ago I found him standing on his hind legs and pawing at the chair seat.
He was unable to jump up onto the chair. 
He has been unable to jump up on the bed for quite some time.
He has steps for that!
I put his food in the shower but I thought it wouldn't be long
 before the temptation would be too great for Mollie to ignore. 
(She never goes into the shower.)





 I asked my brother in law, 
who is always looking for a woodshop project,
to make Max a "stool".
He used a router to put some grooves in the top of it.





 Here's the new set up. (Or step up)




It wasn't long before....








Good boy , Max....It's not easy, getting old..
At first I thought that he may have gotten hurt
 rough housing with Mollie.
I hope it's only arthritis...





6 comments:

Lynne said...

It changes things . . . this growing older stuff!
Very nice step stool . . . nice brother in law too!
Max didn't seem to have any trouble figuring out "the next step!"

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy! Poor Max! It is awful getting old. I am glad you found a way to make it easier for him. I love the last photo, adorable. Have a happy Wednesday!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a very attractive step stool! I'm sure Max appreciates the boost.

Susie said...

Missy, That is so good of you to get Max a stool. It is sad when pets age, as they can't tell us what is wrong or hurting. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

Beverly Frankeny said...

Great idea....the stool. Poor Max. It's hard getting older! Beautiful cat.

cynthia lee designs said...

What a great idea. I'm sure Max likes his step stool. He sure is a cutie!!
~Cindy