Wednesday, June 1, 2016

FARM VISIT


This past weekend I went up to visit everyone at
Beehaven Acres.
It was a gorgeous summer day and after some chat time
and a wonderful lunch of home made chicken salad, strawberries and deviled eggs, we headed out to the barn.
It was their lunch time as well. 
"You don't have to call us twice, or once for that matter." 








Hubs was mending fences..literally.
Daphne and Chloe supervised.




The "littles" were fed  in their stall.
Moonbeam, who had already finished, was waiting
for leftovers.





Next it was time to "scoop poop" in the front pasture.
I had the easy job of driving the gator (once I got the hang of it).




I'm sure that I slowed things down a bit.




After that chore was finished ,
we went over to the outdoor riding area where there had been
sightings of Bear paw prints in the sand. 
The back print looks somewhat like a human print .

Baby bear





Mama bear.




Curiously, it looked as if there were three sizes of prints.

To learn more about these Bear paw prints , visit

http://beehavenacres.blogspot.com/2016/05/have-beary-happy-memorial-day.html

As always,
 there is always something to see and learn at Bee Haven Acres. 
Thanks for sharing your day!!
 

8 comments:

Diane said...

Looks fun! Very interesting about the bears. I did jump over to the link. Neat pictures.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, working on the farm would be fun for me. I love all the critters. The bear paw prints are cool, I hope they are long gone now and have moved on. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's an awesome photo of you on the scoop poop gator!

Lynne said...

I bet it is a great treat to visit "the haven!"
I liked your pic . . . " poop scoop miss captain driver!"
Does Mollie go with you??

Lowcarb team member said...

Your lunch sounds lovely home made chicken salad and strawberries!
Your photo's are great and I like the one of you on the gator.

Happy June

All the best Jan

Susie said...

Yikes !! bears! too scary. I am scared of bears. But oh my goodness I could hug those little horses all day. :):) They are just precious. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Mildred said...

I remember following Bee Haven when they were building many years ago. Fun now to learn of your connection. The horses are cute as can be.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, how interesting for you to have seen bear prints in the sand. What a great picture this is. I always wondered why they put these face coverings around the horses? I see this sometimes when I'm driving on a country road near my home.

~Sheri