Wednesday, June 8, 2016

GARDEN CENTER #2



This post is a continuation or day #2 of garden center visits
I am doing this week .
The second one is smaller but different in that it has a petting zoo, lots of home made, frozen dinners and meats that are grown and prepared locally.
It also has a bakery, ice cream and a Deli. 








I think this is a variety of begonia.
Their pots and baskets are different than the ordinary.







Cute little patio pots..




The petting zoo isn't in full swing yet.
Baby piggies were all the way in the back. 
I'll have to visit them later, we were running a little late.
There are busloads of school children that visit daily.
They have a very nice playground on the property.


Home made prepared foods.. frozen.

 Local meats and Deli goodies.
Their Applewood Sausage is wonderful.
They have made to order sandwiches and Deli salads.
You can order them to go or eat  at one of their picnic tables.



 Friday, we will make a quick visit to a third garden center.
I'm like a kid in a candy store at these places.
I really don't have any more room for plants and flowers.
I hope your week is going well.


6 comments:

Mildred said...

I'd love to go along with you - I love these places. The flowers for sale around here are beginning to diminish as the temps are SO HOT! The market that we go to is also an apple orchard and they actually sell apple wood for you to do your own smoking! No thanks, I'll just buy it ready made! lol

Diane said...

Your first picture is sensational! Such pretty flowers! Thanks for sharing.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Petting zoos are always fun for young and old!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do enjoy visiting places like this, there is always so much to see and do. The selection of items to, are usually very good too.
The applewood sausage does sound very nice.

All the best Jan

Saimi said...

This darling little place has all of my favorites. Flowers, food and animals!

Lynne said...

I think you are correct on that begonia . . . it is call Illuminating Begonia.
I recognize the leaves . . . I have them in a window box.
I find myself "dropping way too many coins" in garden centers so I monitor my visits.
This center looks like it could be called a favorite!