Friday, June 24, 2016

HOW TO KEEP RODENTS OUT OF YOUR BIRD FEEDERS


I finally figured it out !







 I was filling my  feeders and the lid came 
off dumping almost half of the full container on the ground.




 It's like Christmas..






Try as they might,
this squirrel wouldn't let anyone in "his"  box..

 




Do they ever get full?? Where do they put it all??
The chippies left and came back storing their goodies
under the concrete pad that my heat pump compressor sits on.
  



  
All this activity certainly got Max's attention.
I thought his twitching tail was going to come off.






 It'd hard to tell from the picture,
but this is a baby squirrel...a baby anything is cute.






Happy weekend...I hope you are doing something fun !

Linking with Eileen
 Saturdays Critters
http://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/ 


13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I love all the baby animals too! They are so darn cute. I think the squirrel have a bottomless pit for a stomach. They can EAT! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're their favourite human today!

Lynne said...

The squirrels love an accidental bird seed dump . . .
I often wonder how all the "critter littles" find out about it and show up for the treats!
Great pics!
I like that "little baby squirrel!"
You are right . . . all babies are cute!

Kelly said...

How adorable that baby squirrel is! I agree any baby "anything" is precious! Max is hilarious looking so intent at them. He really doesn't understand why you won't let him go out while they're eating!

Nan said...

Ahhh...I love the babies. Great pics

Susie said...

Missy, I can barely stop laughing to write this...Max watching the squirrels and what you said about his tail. I loved it. We had a cat that would make the oddest noises while watching birds. I miss that old sweet cat. I hope you and the pets have a fun weekend. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Mildred said...

Max's expression is priceless! Cute lil baby squirrel. I've been meaning to tell you that when I am asked to give a name at a fast food restaurant (for when they call out your order) I always say Missy, because that is John's nickname for me AND nobody can spell Mildred! At chickfila this week, they called out Miss Missy!!!

Diane said...

Cute pictures! So nice of the squirrels and chippies to clean up for you!

Beverly Frankeny said...

Oh my goodness.....that baby squirrel is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Great catch with the camera, Missy!!! Adorable!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I just wanted to stop back and say thank you for linking up your cute squirrel post. Have a happy weekend!

Stewart M said...

When I used to do a lot of fishing, we would often put a lot of bait away from where we were visiting to 'feed off the pest fish' - you seem to have invented the same idea! except in your case - it seems to work!!

Nice little squirrel!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Saimi said...

Well there you have it, and such a simple solution as well - a win win for everyone. I am in total agreement, a baby anything IS cute, love the lurking cat as long as he stays inside to do his hunting haha.
Saimi

Lowcarb team member said...

So cute!

All the best Jan