Wednesday, June 22, 2016

THE COMEDIAN IN OUR FAMILY



This Hydrangea belongs to my sister and her silly husband.
Four years ago, when they decided to move here ,
this plant was loaded with blossoms.
Since then, it was cut to the ground by our "esteemed" ground crew.
Joe cut it the following year and it hasn't bloomed since.
I guess he has gotten tired of hearing me say
"Stop cutting it ..leave it alone".

SO....

He added some artificial flowers, telling me the night before ,
that this type of Hydrangea just flowers over night
into full blossoms.





Besides being very talented, ( I won't say in what ),
he has quite an imagination.



9 comments:

Mildred said...

Always good to enjoy a little humor!

Lynne said...

Artificial looking mighty nice . . . thanks to the comedian . . .
(Really . . . cut it down to the ground!).

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Missy! That is funny. Sorry about your real blooms MIA but the artificial flowers look pretty.

Have a happy day and week ahead!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That prankster!

Diane said...

Pretty funny-- I bet they fool a lot of passers-by!

Susie said...

Missy, I might steal that idea myself. I keep telling Ted I might just start using fake flowers on the porch. LOL. You if you weren't told and didn't get too close...it could pass. Do you think it will bloom again some time? Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Saimi said...

Haha, it looks real to me! Love a guy that has a sense of humor! too funny!!

Beth “E. Lizard Breath Speaks” Edwards said...

so those are fake blooms? really? they look real. i will go read it again. i love humor. you know that. i will take a laugh any day. if those are fake blooms they look great, i know you can find some hydrangeas that really look real & they will last for yrs. ( ;

i couldn't recall if i have visited here this week. it has been a busy one indeed. long weekend, kayaking on the lake. had a ball. now back to work on Wednesday, still playing catch up today. funny how life just flies by. never a dull moment.

cynthia lee designs said...

They look real to me. I have a hydrangea plant out in out front landscaping and my blooms are pink. Some years I get tons of blooms and some years little or no blooms...and I'm not sure why.
~Cindy