Wednesday, July 13, 2016

BOILING SPRINGS (THE LAKE)



As you may have seen in my previous post,
this picture didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to.




So...
Back to Boiling Springs I went.
There is a lake across the street from the Tavern 
that is home to lots of water fowl.
I was standing at the waters edge and looked over to see 
this goose standing in the bushes.
I could have reached out and touched him.
I'm very lucky not to have been attacked.





Aha..there's that illusive Swan..still preening!
He was on the other side of the lake..pretty far actually.
I'm still happy with this camera.




While the preening was ongoing, 
I thought I'd get some shots of some of the other inhabitants..
Mallards and Ducks  mostly.
( I know, a Mallard is a duck :)




These guys are used to being fed bread by the locals 
so it wasn't long before I got their attention.
I didn't think to bring bread.
I don't know if it's still allowed.





And the preening continues..







Meanwhile back at the beauty salon....




Geese.....





Time for a little stretch ?




Now maybe she'll go in the water.




Not a chance..
"I'm just going to sit here and watch this butterfly."


 

Ta Ta !!


Linking with Stewart
Wild Bird Wednesday 207 Lapwing

 

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Missy! I love the swans, geese and ducks. Pretty collection of photos. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, you've got a good zoom on that camera!

Lynne said...

DELIGHTFUL . . .
Bingo has my name . . .

Diane said...

Back to the beauty salon... very funny! A lot of feathers at her feet, and speaking of her feet-- those are pretty big when stretched. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Nice pictures! Thanks for going back!