Friday, July 15, 2016

MORE SWANS





I heard in the news that "Italian Lake" was
"renting" two pair of swans to try to keep down the number of geese that frequent the lake so ,
in keeping with this weeks theme,
I grabbed my camera and went to check it out. 
The 9.5 acre area underwent renovations in the 80's.
The fountain muses represent art, music and dance.
It is called "Dance of Eternal Spring".
It used to be located in the former Rose Garden
of our since closed uptown hospital.
The hospital had a nursing school and the students 
were well known for decorating the statue with toilet paper.






The bridge is of Japaneses design.
Weddings have been performed here as well as outdoor 
concerts in the summertime.

 



I believe there are two pair of black and two pair of white Swans.
I only saw one pair of white.
They could have been out on the grass somewhere.







Apparently, there is some territorial behavior going on at feeding time between them. The black swans are relatively new.







The water is very green ..
must have something to do with all of the bird poop.
While I was taking pictures, this tail went by several times.




It sure got my attention..
Maybe some one out there in blog land can identify it for me??
Probably a Carp..




Have a happy weekend.


11 comments:

Diane said...

Swans must not mind green water. Pretty birds! I have no idea who belongs to that tail...

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the swans. Especially the Black Swans. I know nothing about fish, sorry. It is a pretty place. Great photos.

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Lynne said...

Caught some nice Swan Shots Missy . . .
Looks like a shark to me . . .
(Smile)

Susie said...

Missy, I went back thru your posts that I have missed. I love the fountain and all the beautiful ducks and swans. That mallard was a beauty. The one swan preening did a great job from the looks of all the feathers. Black swans too...now I have never ever seen any of them in person. I am so glad you take good pictures. Blessings for a fun filled weekend. xoxo, Susie

Kelly said...

How pretty! I don't think I've ever seen a black swan before. That area looks so pretty. I can see why it's a great venue for weddings and parties.

cynthia lee designs said...

The swans are so pretty!!
~Cindy

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Every public garden is improved by a Japanese moon bridge!

Stewart M said...

With a fin like that, your blog should have scary music!

Nice to see some Australian out and about - i.e. the Black Swans.

The key difference between Kangaroos and Wallabys for most people is their size - with 'roos being bigger. The 'real' way to tell the difference is to look at the teeth - which as you can imagine is not that easy for a casual bushwalker!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

PS: Some 'roos will appear on my blog soon (possibly tonight!)

Lea said...

Lovely series of photos!
We are having such a hot summer (100F, 37C) that just looking at the water makes me feel cooler!

Adam Jones said...

Nice to see the Black Swan and Mute Swan together.

June Caedmon said...

The swans are beautiful! I agree, the fin probably belongs to some type of carp. But it's fun to image otherwise :)