Monday, July 18, 2016

PEEP, PEEP ,PEEP


These baby robins (we think) recently lost their nest due to 
tree and shrubbery pruning.




The "boss" put them on her gardening gloves 
which were in the cup holder of the console in her car.





"We", mostly she, fed them worms and water all afternoon ..
Ever time we opened the car door, this is what we saw.






After they had eaten, they looked like this..





By the time she got home that evening,
she had found a nest for them.
Her gloves look more comfy to me...


 


Last I heard, they were still alive.
Being a Mommy bird is tough work.

 Linking with Eileen
http://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/2016/07/saturdays-critters-136.html 
and
Stewart
Wild Bird Wednesday



7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope they survive.

cynthia lee designs said...

Oh...I hope they all still alive.
~Cindy

Lynne said...

I hope they survive too . . .
I am cheering for those little babes!
Sometimes these pruner/chopping crew people get over zealous!
Down the road from us there was a hearty section of milk weed pod that someone chopped down . . .
You know what that means . . .
Less Monarch's . . .

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope they continue to do well ...

All the best Jan

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the baby robins are just adorable. Great series, Missy! Sorry, I am late visiting and commenting. I am still catching up after being away. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Chris Rohrer said...

You did well in rescuing them! Good work! Keep an eye on them:)

genie said...

Thank you for doing your good deed. Oh, how I hope these babies live. Being a Mommy Bird is very, very hard, but you did a wonderful job. What a special post. Thank you for the babies all around us that lose their homes but are not so fortunate as to have a step mommy find them like you found these. genie