Monday, September 26, 2016

CONE FLOWERS ! !


 Some of you may remember that this past Spring
the groundhog ate my Cone flowers to the ground 
before they bloomed.




They came back but took all summer and are pretty stunted.
I actually prefer them short and compact.
I bought some Dwarfs several years ago.



Home Depot has pots of mixed colors of Cone flowers
so I purchased a couple to replace my Geraniums.




I'm going to use these instead of Mums.
I love Mums but they just don't last and I find myself replacing them
several times by the time Thanksgiving rolls around.




I will plant these in my garden late in the fall. 
I hope they don't become Groundhog food.



I may buy a few Mums after I do that.
I don't put those in my garden.


 Happy Fall ya'll ! !


6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, they are beautiful. I love the coneflowers. The groundhogs are piggies. I hope they leave your flowers alone.

Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Kelly said...

What a great idea! I love cone flowers too. By putting them in the ground, they should rebloom every year. I rarely buy mums because they don't last. But I do love how they look.

Diane said...

I haven't had much luck with mums either. Your flowers are pretty! Great Fall colors.

Susie said...

Missy, I love the colors of your cone flowers. I am tired of the mums in my garden ...they are tough to keep deadheaded...so I am going to thin them out. Hope you are doing well. It's cooler here this week. Yea. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Saimi said...

I love coneflowers and anything perennial - they are hardy plants with a beautiful flower. You are so good at taking pictures Missy!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Absolutely beautiful blooms, the colours are lovely.

All the best Jan