Friday, September 2, 2016

FROM MY DEN WINDOW




I was looking at my garden from my den window the other day.
Things are filling in nicely.




I think this is a Silver Spotted Skipper.
I am no expert on butterflies and rarely see them.







There was a hummingbird flitting around
 that disappeared by the time I got my camera.



The Japanese Beetles have been chewing on my 
Coral Bark Maple.
I saw this branch moving and thought I could capture it.

Lo and behold, it was a bee...BUT




To the right of the bee is a beetle
 and I think there is another to his right.
Pictures can be amazing. All I had seen was movement.




Most of this was planted this year.
It will be fun to watch it mature.
I hope everything survives the winter.




I replaced one of the Cone flowers that Mr Groundhog ate.
They are on sale this time of year.






These are across my back yard.
Lovely Crepe Myrtle Bush
 and 
a Hydrangea that got cut back and may not bloom again.
Very sad.
I'm happy to say that the pruning around here is now supervised.



Happy September...


10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your flowers and garden are lovely. I love the coneflowers and crepe myrtle. Happy Friday, have a happy weekend!

Lynne said...

Love that top photo . . .
I may have to try it in a painting . . .

Lynne said...

Not sure if my comment went through . . .
Love that top photo . . .
I think I just might try and paint it . . .

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You know more about butterflies than I do! The only one I can ever recognize is a monarch butterfly.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful colour in your photographs.
Happy September Wishes

All the best Jan

Stewart M said...

Always good to have nature come to you!

Nice pictures.

Cheers - Stewart M - Just back in Melbourne!

Kimberly~Nutbrown Cottage said...

Thanks for the garden tour! Lovely plants! Your hydrangea should come back next year. It looks so healthy! I did that, regretfully, and had the long wait, too.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Your garden plants look very pretty, and should fill out nicely next year. I love your beautiful Crepe Myrtle bush, and the images of the butterfly. I sometimes see small insects in my photos when editing, not apparent when taking the shots, and it's always a nice surprise. Have a great weekend!:)

B"e"th "E"dwards from Virginia said...

one of the main reasons why i love flowers any time of the year, the creatures that show up ... so lovely. i replaced my summer flowers with fall blooms. a mum & some pansies. but the hummingbird was sad to see the change. but it was time for me ... and it is my yearly routine or celebration. my favorite time of the year. i look forward to it. i have a business i always go to around my home town and always enjoy supporting their business. they are Mennonites ... such kind people. ( ;

David Gascoigne said...

It's interesting to read that your coneflowers were lost to a Groundhog. The rabbits have taken a liking to ours and they have been nibbled off right to the ground.