Friday, September 9, 2016

INDOOR TWEAKING


Labor Day weekend I had no specific plans.
A Blogger friend had mentioned "Kirklands" in a post recently.
I used to love that store for seasonal decorating and have missed it since they moved it out of one of our malls years ago.
I Googled it and found one about half an hour from here.
I called my sister who's always game to go shopping
and off we went.
Here are the results.......


This copper container was used for fireplace wood. 
  I have had plastic ferns in it for years that Max had chewed
the tips off of...pretty dusty too.
They were having a decent sale for Labor Day so I 
invested in various balls to fill the top with.
I put all the packaging from the days shopping 
and a beach towel in the bottom.







I also purchased these two shelves for my bathroom
to replace my towel bars.
This involved some spackle and paint.
This is the shelf next to my sink.




This is the "before".
I'm still tweaking the "after".





I also purchased this pumpkin, fish and spice jar.
This shelf is next to the shower.




I don't do that kind of shopping much anymore...FUN!
That little project ate up a lot of the weekend.
Like?


9 comments:

Diane said...

Very nice! As far as I know, we don't have those stores around here, but I have heard of them. Fun to change things up once in awhile. I have an old copper "tub" from relatives, but it doesn't look the least bit copper anymore!

Mildred said...

I love the changes! It's always fun to change things up a bit. Glad you two had a fun time together. Happy weekend.

Lynne said...

I like your tweaks . . .
I wonder why Kirkland vanished from mall life . . .
I remember them from my visits . . .
Like your colors in the bathroom . . .
For Diane above . . Ketchup brightens copper beautifully . . .
Rub some on in a corner and try it . . .

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I always liked the Kirkland store too. They have so many pretty things. They seem reasonably priced too.

I like your new bathroom shelve and towel holder. The fish is cute too. Great purchases!

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Everything looks great! It's always nice to have something new, isn't it?

Susie said...

Missy, I am glad you have a fun sister. I like the bucket of balls. they pick up all your pretty color in the room. Those shelves make the bath look wonderful I truly like those. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

I love our Kirklands but have been avoiding doing much shopping lately. I have had to pare down and get rid of so much stuff that I don't want to bring any more stuff in right now.
LOVE your purchases...and what fun you must have had!
Have a great weekend, Missy- xo Diana

Saimi said...

Oh my gosh I love Kirklands! My sister has one in her area, like California. I wanted to buy everything in the store but getting it all on the plane would have been a problem. You really scored on some cute things, good job on your shopping!

"E."BethEdwardsVA said...

I love your color. so peaceful and calming. ( ;