Monday, November 28, 2016

INTERESTING BEHAVIOR



I was doing some dishes the other day and noticed a rather large bird in the distance.
I grabbed my camera and zoomed in to see what it was.
A Common Flicker had found something interesting. 






This was his behavior for several minutes.



"Uh oh, someone is coming."





Sorry I cut their heads off but they were doing 
a mating dance? and moving quite rapidly up and down
and back and forth..This was the best shot I was able to get.





This Blue Jay seemed quite interested.






"Hello there Mr. Jay."




Mr Downy
 





Red Bellied Wood Pecker

 





They keep me entertained !
Linking with Stewart

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I think the Flickers love to eat bugs in the grass. Great captures, love the shot with the couple together. Pretty Blue Jay! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Lovely colourful back yard visitors.

Beverly Frankeny said...

Great catch on the flickers!!!

Dianne said...

Birds are such interesting characters and I love watching how they interact with other cousins. You had this scene played-out right in your own back-yard - how cute.

Lowcarb team member said...

They are lovely to see ...

All the best Jan

Kim~Nutbrown Cottage said...

Such pretty birds! I need to get out my zoom lens and capture some bird activity, too. So much action right now at the bird feeder and bird bath!