Monday, December 12, 2016

CHRISTMAS CARDS.ETC.



Christmas is coming!!!
Probably faster than you think as things tend to do these days.
Stampin up had these cute sets this year.
I like stamping of old that lent itself to coloring the images
instead of cutting them out and putting them together.
I think it tests my creativity a bit more somewhat.
I guess it's all in what one gets used to or enjoys.






So,
I dug out the markers and went to work.








I may have to do a few more..
I have some ideas...I like the pine trees in this one..






Or is the snowman too big for those trees??
We'll see...maybe next year?

Just to keep those creative juices flowing,
I tried some torn paper and glue.
It's a mixed media technique.



Not hard at all..almost fool proof.
Your fingers get a bit sore from tearing paper
 and you may get glue under your fingernails.
I like the results.





12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the cards look pretty. I like the snowman. You are creative. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

Susie said...

Missy, I really like those cards. Your pictures are so nice. That would be a fun craft for when Emma comes to visit. Hope you are enjoying your time. Be safe in the snow. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Beverly Frankeny said...

Great cards!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beautiful! You should show more of your artwork on your blog!

Kim~Nutbrown Cottage said...

You are quite the creative lassy! Nice cards! I love what you did to the snowman, and I think he could work with that tree stamp. I also like the train with the trees. It reminds me of The Polar Express. And those mixed media art pieces you created are awesome! You should make and sell those on Etsy! Truly!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Nice cards there Missy. I like SU stamps. Really need to use them more. Like the train and pines oh and for sure the snowman!!

Lynne said...

Loved the cards . . .
and your creating!
Framed torn paper art pieces look wonderful!

b"E"th "Edwards said...

wow, the Christmas cards, look like such fun. i love the different designs. i kept it more simple this year ... usually do ones with pics from our trip, but i was trying to save some doe. ( :

Junebug said...

Wow, so talented and so beautiful! Yes, Christmas is coming faster them my time allotment. How did I get so far behind???

Jody in Georgia said...

Missy, these cards are marvelous! Max a d Mollie have a very talented Mom, that's for sure! I agree with Debra...you should show more of your artwork on your blog!

Latane Barton said...

Now, aren't you the clever one! I love those cards... and the pictures, too. You've been busy, girl.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi glad to see you back posting after your computer blip.
Your cards look great, nice artwork.

All the best Jan