Monday, January 2, 2017

2000--2016


Wednesday December 28, 2016
I had to say goodbye to my beloved Max.


 A young Max on top of my kitchen cabinets..



He was just as beautiful inside as he was handsome outside.



As one who takes lots of pictures, I have many of Max.
It's hard to pick just a few. 




He was sixteen years old and his fur started to mat almost two
years ago. Here he is after his most recent shaving.
This time I didn't have them do his head or tail. 




Each morning he would be sitting on the kitchen counter
waiting for me to turn on the faucet so he could drink.




I wonder how long it will take me to stop looking for him each morning.



Then I would find him on the back of this chair soaking up the sun when Mollie and I would come back from our walk.
 


 From there he moved the bed
 where he would soak up the afternoon sun.



He loved having his chin scratched....






You could count on finding him on top of anything you were working on daring you to take it from him.


 


Just recently he started to make a permanent impression on the back of the couch.



He would always run to greet me when I came home,
always by my pillow when I went to sleep,
always in the kitchen waiting for a handout.


He and Mollie were good buddies.
I have to wonder if Mollie misses him.
(It has been several days since I wrote this and it is evident
that Mollie misses him. )




There was a lot of this!! Pretty evenly matched.
Poor Mollie has lost Max and Jazz (my sisters dog) .




Our grooming sessions always turned in to this very quickly.



Never at a loss for a way or a place to relax......







He was a big cat but not a fat cat..Most of that is fur.
His top weight was sixteen pounds..recently down to fourteen plus.



Max had a huge part of my heart and took it with him.
I loved him to death and thank him for allowing me to love him
for sixteen years.
Oh how I wish I had sixteen more.
Will the tears and the pain ever stop? He was worth every bit. 
He was truly loved and will be missed more than I can say. 

I have several posts in the wings centered around Max.
Rather than delete them, I think we will make this week
"In Memory of Max"
  



17 comments:

Mildred said...

Oh Missy, I am so very sorry. I loved Max through your blog. You have the sweetest collection of photos here showing his big heart and personality. I can only imagine the heartache that you are experiencing. Sending love and a hug. xoxo

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy! I am so sorry for you loss. I am sure both you and Mollie miss him dearly. I am always at a loss for words at this time, I do know how you feel after losing my Goldie Girl. Your have wonderful memories of your sweet Max.

{{{HUGS}}}

Lynne said...

What a soft cuddle boy he was . . .
I can tell from the pictures . . .
Very sad for you . . .
I like the thought of seeing more pictures this week.
Caring about you Missy . . .
and Mollie too . . .

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, such sad news! Max had 16 wonderful years with you and Mollie -- I'm sure no cat was more loved or fortunate than him. And yes, if anyone deserves a week of memoriam posts, it's Max. My condolences to you, Missy.

Junebug said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. Our pet sure do become family and are so loved. I look forward to your memories of Max. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Max was such a special pet, so pretty, so patient with Jazz so cute with his play. We will miss him. Grieving with you, Missy..love Ann

Nancy said...

Dear Missy, I share in your loss, even though I never met Max. I've been there, and I feel the heartache. There is an empty spot in your house, and you'll always be expecting to find him somewhere. I do believe their spirits never leave the house, and they are always lingering somewhere. Actually, I NEEDED to believe that...even when I got another cat, the old one is still around, and it gave me comfort. I hope you find that, too....❤

Beverly Frankeny said...

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful cat.

Beverly Frankeny said...

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful cat.

Carol Slack said...

Missy, so sorry to hear about Max. I always enjoyed your stories about him and seeing him when I stopped by. He was a sweetie.
My thoughts are with you & Mollie.
Carol

Stewart M said...

No! What a great looking cat! I think I will be a bit of a mess when I have to a similar post!

Cheers and (a slightly belated) Happy New Year - Stewart M - Melbourne

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh Missy, I am only just catching up with my blog visits and reading ...
I am so very sorry to read this, thinking of you.

All the best Jan

Regine Karpel said...

So sad.

Kelly said...

Oh I'm just SO SO SO sorry for your loss! He was such a beautiful cat and 16 years was a long time to have him in your life. But, I agree it's still not long enough. That's the sad part of owning animals. I know how much you loved him and he loved you. I hope Mollie is adjusting without him. I do believe that they feel loss too. I hope that with time your heart will ache less and you will be able to accept this difficult adjustment. It's NEVER easy!!! Sending you a great big hug!

Beth.."E"..Edwards said...

aww, i am reading it now. bless you. what lovely memories. made they comfort you always. big big hugs. ( ;

Breathtaking said...

Hello Missy!:) Such sad, sad, news, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing a dearly loved pet. I really appreciated your visit today, and it's even more valued, now I know about the pain you must be feeling. Thank you Missy, and thank you for sharing all the lovely photos of Max.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Missy!:) just stopping by to say Hi, and hope you are feeling better after your loss.

I'm still not feeling at my best, but shortly hubby and I will be leaving the north of Portugal for warmer climes, to the south of Portugal, to see if I improve in health. Thank you for your visit.:)