Wednesday, January 4, 2017

MATTED MAX


Written several months ago...

I was just thinking to myself several weeks ago
about how mat free Max has been of late.
A couple of days ago, I stroked his back and hips.
Lo and behold, both hips were matted.
Once they start, they just keep multiplying.
SO...






Shaving time..





This time we left his head, tail and front legs alone.





In doing this, we didn't have to put him on his back which is just as traumatic for me as it is for him.



She could  get his chest and belly flipping him from side to side.
We had a few growls and hisses when she got to certain areas.





At home again in the kitchen sink.....




and on the kitchen counter...






This is how he was shaved the last time..
his tail as well with a little tuft on the end like a lion.
I never did get used to that...he used to chase it.





I guess I have to wait to make the bed.



Hey, what about me !!
I'm pretty too... 



 We all got beautified this week.!!








 Perturbed Mollie demanding equal time.








5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sweet shots of your dear Max. Mollie is looking adorable too. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My HRH used to get matted fur in the last couple of years of her life too. But she was a short-hair so it wasn't as dramatic as Max's situation. If they weren't too big or out of hand, I could cut the matted hair out myself with the scissors.
''

Lynne said...

Max certainly was a handsome one . . .
I like you reposting these pics of him . . .
Missing him, thinking of you.

Kelly said...

They're both so pretty! We used to have a brittany spaniel that would get matted hair. I hated it. Now, we have a short haired dog and its wonderful! We never have to groom him.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see these photographs.

All the best Jan