Monday, January 16, 2017

MEET ZOE OR ZOEY



Or Chloe if I can't get it right.....
It just seems to be easier to say Chloe.
I'm going to keep trying.
  

 I am having a very hard time getting over losing my Max.
I have always gotten another pet quickly after a loss.
It seems to help..gives me something else to focus on.
She will never replace him..can't be done.

Anyhow, Zoey is a Siberian.
She belonged to a breeder who "retired" her
 after having had two litters.
She is three years old and just the sweetest cat.

 



Her first excursion from under the love seat (only took two hours and she never went back) was a trip to the kitty litter.





After that she contemplated her next move which seemed to be to explore every inch of that room at least once.







She never made it to the top of the desk..
I said "no" and she got down..
She does seem to know what "no"  means most of the time.







Then it was time for a little nap.






It wasn't long (4 hours) before she needed to broaden her horizons.
She squeezed  herself through the gate in spite of Mollies being on the other side.
There was no stopping her after that. 
The house and all of it's contents are hers !!




I think I have taught her to stay away from the sink and stove part
of the kitchen counter.
When her paws are wet, she tracks much more than Max 
did and I don't like kitty tracks on my black stove top..floors either.


You may be wondering about Mollie??






Zoey would give her a little hiss every time she walked by her.
This intimidation lasted about a day and a half when Mollie
decided it was time to play.
That means chase!!!
That sent Zoey under the couch for a few hours.
After that she was out with her little hiss every now and then.

DAY THREE

We were all together in the bed in the morning and things were going well.





An hour later Zoey tried to help herself to one of Mollies treats.
That created lots of serious hissing, barking and growling
 on both parts ..
Zoey spent a lot of that day under the couch.
One step forward  and two back.



I wrote the above about a week ago so I will give you an update.
Things are good..
Zoe will not let Mollie on the bed..when she is under it,
and Mollie comes near, there is a hiss and Mollie retreats.
Otherwise they are OK together as long as there are no quick moves on Mollies part..not quite ready to play yet
but she's getting there.

Rather than write another Zoey post, 
I will include pictures in some posts in the future for a bit.
It took a while to get good pictures because she's so busy.
Never still...

I would be remiss if I didn't thank all of you
 for your kind words of sympathy and encouragement 
over the loss of my beloved Max.
He will be forever in my heart.
R.I.P.
Jazz and Max



Linking with Eileen at Saturdays Critters



13 comments:

Lynne said...

Zoey looks wonderful, very pretty . . .
Like that she seems playful, not timid.
What must Mollie think . . .
Enjoy these days of "learning one another!"
Keeping you busy, I bet!
Loved your post anal the pictures.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, congrats on your new pet Zoey! I had a dog named Zoey when I was young. I hope Zoey and Mollie can become friends and live happy together. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a beautiful cat! Zoey seems to be settling in pretty well, all things considered? Enjoy!

Mildred said...

I am happy for you and for Zoey! She looks a lot like my Trixie. I look forward to you sharing more of her. I have a black stove too - oh my, those cat paw prints! lol

Anonymous said...

cute fotos of Zoey...very pretty cat. Max and Jazz will never be replaced in our hearts......what an early pic of Jazz...can still tell she had puppies! Ann

Beth.."E"..Edwards said...

aww, i love it. so cute. i am happy they will be friends. i always want every one to get along ... fingers crossed it will continue so well. so cute!! love the name. ( ;

Beverly Frankeny said...

That last picture is a great one. She is lovely!!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! These are trying times. Your heart aches for Max but you are trying to make things work with Zoey. Zoey may be set in her ways because of her age. If she was a kitten she would probably want to play with Mollie. In fact, Mollie might be the one "hissing" then. ha! I know it will take time, but things will work out. This is probably all about establishing pecking order right now. Good luck and continue to have good patience. Zoey is beautiful!

Junebug said...

How exciting! She looks like with a little time she is going to fit perfect!! She sure is a pretty kitty!

Stewart M said...

What a great looking cat! I think we all know who is in change now! Looks almost as fluffy as Mr. Hudson!

Cheers - Stewart M - (temporarily in) New Zealand

NanaDiana said...

I don't know how I missed this post! OMGOSH!!! Look at how cute she is! She is just a beautiful cat...and I know she will never replace Max but I bet she will worm her way into a whole new part of your heart. It is always amazing to watch two new pets bonding...one step forward and two steps back is right. I can't wait to see more and more of her. xo Diana

Anu said...

Lovely series of photos. Your cat is so beautiful. Have a great time!

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Missy! Zoey is a beautiful kitty and I have always loved your sweet Mollie. I hope Zoey and Mollie are good friends now.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and new week ahead.