Monday, February 27, 2017

READY FOR MULCH

Two weekends ago (the beginning of our warm spell),
you may remember that I cleaned out my beds.
I blew all the leaves from my front beds under this tree.
(my compost pile).






Well, this past week "they" cleaned out all the beds
 in preparation for mulch..
You might notice that the Branches sticking up from the ground in the first picture are gone.
So much for my Camelia bush.
They never look where they are walking.





They did a great job with the edges.




I expect the mulch will arrive in a week or so.





It may be hard for you to see that there is almost no mulch left.
They will spend the summer
 blowing it at the house or in to the grass.
It's very dusty around here many days.





I guess I should be glad that I don't have to do it...but!







7 comments:

Mildred said...

I hate that about the camellia bush. They did do a lovely job with the edging. Hope you and your fur babies will have a nice Monday. xoxo Mildred

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the new mulch will look great. It is wonderful that is taken care of for you. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Another bush gone.

Susie said...

Missy, I know what you mean about the crews using more care in their gardening. I wish I could afford the fancy gravel ...mulch can be a bother. Once it's all in and smoothed out it will look wonderful. I have some more beds to clean out...it's a job for sure. Blessings to you. Hope it getting warm there. xoxo, Susie

Beth.."E"..Edwards said...

i always enjoy how you up-keep your yard ... looks lovely. can't wait to see the finished product!! so fun. are you enjoy this cold snap again? weird weather moment. so wild. ( ;

Junebug said...

I was out spraying weeds this afternoon. It would be great to have someone beside me put the mulch down!! Boy do I have moss this year in my backyard. Hate using moss killer but don't know anything else. Your flower beds are already looking so nice!

Lynne said...

Darn . . .
I think you'll need flags or wire cages or something!
Not the camellia . . . really . . .
Let's do some teaching to these mulch layers.
STAT . . .