Monday, March 6, 2017

LENTEN ROSE



Or
Lenten Rose Helleborus Orientalis




The Lenten Rose is a hardy shade perennial
that is drought resistant and deer proof.
They are often seen peeking through the snow.






I was playing with different effects in these pictures...





These flowers are early bloomers..very early Spring.
Mine notoriously bloom in February.





I'm glad that I got these pictures before the snow covered them.






I have some plum colored ones that are coming up 
but haven't bloomed yet.




If I wait a couple of weeks to post this,
maybe they will bloom for me.

I took these pictures last week.
Does anyone know what it was?
The moon was behind me..
It stayed for about 45 minutes and didn't seem to move much.
Then it just disappeared.
A plane wouldn't have been visible that long.




It did get a little lower in the sky.
It's the light to the right of center..the others are houses.
Very strange...









10 comments:

Mildred said...

Hi, Hope you enjoyed the weekend. I don't know what that is in the sky!
I do love Lenten Rose. At one of our homes we had several different colors and always enjoyed the early color in the landscape. Hope you have a nice Monday.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the Lenten rose. Very pretty blooms. The light almost looks like a planet? Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Never heard of Lenten Roses before. Beautiful! And hey, nice UFO shots!

Lynne said...

Wow . . . you are warmer than we are.
I looked at mine yesterday and just peeking through!
I do love the Lenten Rose . . . first bloomers!
(Not sure what the sky thing is!)

Junebug said...

Your Lenten Rose is pretty. I woke up to snow cover, again! Plus daffodils blooming! Crazy weather here in Oregon!!

Kelly said...

I think you have aliens upon you! Hee Hee! I have no idea what that was. Your rose pics are great. I love the close up with the water drops on it.

Susie said...

Missy, It's so strange how some plants can still survive the cold temps. But I'm thankful they do. I have no idea what that light could be. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Oh- How pretty those sweet little flowers are. Hard to believe they bloom there in February, isn't it?
Great night sky shots, too.
Hope you have a good week, Missy. xo Diana

Jody in Georgia said...

Have never heard of a Lenten Rose....lovely blooms. As for the light, don't know but my guess would be maybe someone's drone??

Beth.."E"..Edwards said...

the weather changing like it is the plants are really confused. i wonder if they will be able to get back in sort of a schedule? poor things. but fun to see the blooming any time. i guess. ( ;