Wednesday, March 22, 2017

SITTING AND WAITING




I walked by my living room window yesterday 
and there he was just sitting on my porch railing.





Fortunately for me, he stays around awhile.
( That orange stake is a snow boundary..recently useful.)
These pictures were taken thru blinds and a window.
Sorry for the glare....






He was only about four feet away from me.
I'm glad Zoey didn't see him..he would have been gone.





We have seen piles of feathers here and there on our walks.
This morning he was on someones porch.
I guess we should name him..
He's smaller than another we often see ..
This one may be the female. 
This one also doesn't have the colors in it's beak
that the larger one has.


 
Linking with Stewart
and Eileen of Saturdays Critters





11 comments:

Breathtaking said...

Oh WOW! Excellent pictures of this handsome raptor. Glad that you could see it at such a close range.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, these are awesome shots of your Hawk. I love the first two, awesome closeup! Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Lynne said...

Great close up pics . . .
We know why he is on the look out . . . don't we . . .

Mildred said...

Spectacular photos. Great capture!!!

Lea said...

Fantastic!

Stewart M said...

Nice shots - seeing hawks close up is a real treat.

The park in my shots was not always as empty as a looked - I took a bit of time to find each image. There were dozens of school kids all over the place - but saying that, it was a bit of an oasis.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Beverly Frankeny said...

Wonderful photos, Missy!!!!

Susie said...

Missy, Fabulous photos. I Love the beautiful markings on this hawk. Some times we finds piles of feathers too. Most often it's dove feathers here. Sad. If I see a hawk with a mouse...now that makes me happy. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Les Fous du Cap said...

Quelle chance d'avoir un oiseau comme celui-ci sous ses fenêtres ;-)
Céline & Philippe

Kimberly~Nutbrown Cottage said...

Whoa! You lucky girl! To see such a sight so close by!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, this is an awesome post and I loved the photos of your hawk. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and new week ahead!