Monday, May 1, 2017

GERBERA DAISEYS



One of our local nurseries was having a sale on Gerbera Daisies.
I had some orange plastic pots that I had saved from last year
and they just happened to fit in my wrought iron hanger
that I use on my railing.






I spray painted them black and voila!!
I should have spray painted the planter hooks while I was at it.
(next year)






These two were left over so I planted them in a crock 
for my little table.




I have always loved the blemish free colors of these daisies.
They require a lot of water and I hope they last til frost.
They probably won't..most things don't last thru the August heat.
Geraniums are tried and true 
which is why I use them everywhere else.
We'll see what happens..
I hope I'm not looking for more Geraniums in late July.



Pretty for now....Have a beautiful week.
Happy May.



9 comments:

Mildred said...

I have always loved Gerbera daisies. Nice job on the pots. I see Miss Mollie looking on as you snapped the picture. So sweet.
Wishing you a Happy May Day!

Stewart M said...

There are times when this sort of flower looks less real than the plastic ones - crazy colours.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Lynne said...

Gerbera Dasies are so bright and pretty . . .
I love them but can't seem to keep them perky like yours.
Great idea for the hanging rail container . . .
Maybe I should try some again!

Susie said...

Missy, Those daisies looks so good. I think the black make the colors pop even more. Blessings to you. Hope May is pleasant. xoxo, Susie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So bright and cheerful!

NanaDiana said...

Painting those pots black really showcases the daisies. I love how pretty and spring like they look. xo Diana

Beverly Frankeny said...

Beautiful!!! Love spray paint!!!

Beth Edwards, VA said...

so so so cute!! i have always thought they look like faces. we would decorate with them all the time at a florist i worked at in the past ... so fun and love all the different colors. as you know i am always loving what you do in your home and yard. you have lovely taste in color, etc. ( ;

Kimberly~Nutbrown Cottage said...

Nice work! I love gerbera daisies! so cheerful and a big pow of color.