Monday, May 29, 2017

MOLLIE IS NINE !!!


It's hard to believe that this was nine years ago.
This was the day that I brought Mollie and Snickers home.
We have both changed a bit..
Me, more grey...She less.
She went from brown to light grey to black 
and is starting to get  a little grey again.
Mollie #1 was black and white and adorable...but bad.
Snickers (Mollie #2) is in my left hand..long story !
Mollie #1 had an attitude and all Snickers heard for two weeks
was "no Mollie".
I gave Mollie #1 away ( she was yappy to boot) . ..
I changed Snickers name to "Mollie" 
since that's what she was used to hearing 
and the rest is history.






This is lil Mollie in her first snow.
She loves being out in any kind of weather except T storms.
See how grey she was...




Here she is being anti-social at my sisters house.
(not posed)





She used to keep me company.....no more.
If I come into a room or sit on "her couch", she leaves.
She's not a "warm fuzzy".





Here she is playing "Lion"...my little hunting dog.





This is a recent picture of her in her favorite bed.
See how her hips are greying?




On her third favorite bed..
Her second favorite is the back of the couch.





I have a friend who walks her when I'm not available.
She always brings her a Christmas present.




Where do you think this arrow is pointing?




 Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night....
(well, heat may deter her, for sure)
It was pouring last week 
and we walk about forty minutes every morning.
I thought I would just take her out to pee and we'd do
the real walk later when it let up a bit. 
We did the whole circuit and then some..
(old picture)




Watching the world go by with her buddy, Zoey





                We wish you a happy and safe Memorial Day.
(more oldies)






Thanks to all the men, women and families for your service.


9 comments:

Mildred said...

Happy Birthday, Mollie! These are the sweetest pictures.
I hope you all have a nice day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy birthday, Mollie! Good dog!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Happy Birthday Mollie! She is adorable. You had me lost with the Mollie #1 and Mollie # 2. Cute collection of photos. I miss having a dog! Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Lynne said...

Wonderful post . . .
Happy Birthday Mollie . . .
(I don't think I have heard the Snickers story before . . . no wonder why I like you!)

Listen up Mollie . . . you have the best mom ever . . .
Give her a snuggle once in awhile . . .
Come on, today would be a good day for a "snuggle!"

Love you Missy mom . . .

Susie said...

Missy, You kept the best one. That Mollie is so darn cute. I hope Mollie is doing great turning 9. I usually can tell when a dog is aging, as their face gets grayish. I like the way you leach her. Safer. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Saimi said...

Aw she is just a precious as can be!! Love all her pictures even when she's being indifferent I know she would be lost without you. She's a lucky girl to have such a wonderful mom!!

Happy Memorial Day Missy!!

Beth Edwards, VA said...

that is just a priceless post ... so sweet!! thank you Mollie for being Missy's constant sidekick ... you are a great friend. so fun!! they were such fluffy balls when so young. happy week!! ( ;

Lowcarb team member said...

Wonderful, wonderful photographs.

All the best Jan

eileeninmd said...

Hello, both dogs are adorable. It seems like all dogs have their own personality. Cute photos. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!