Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A SCARY TIME



In the past, pruning time has been very scary around here.
Four years ago, everything they could reach was cut.
Dogwoods, Hydrangeas, Lilacs, etc. all at the wrong time.
The Hydrangeas are just starting to bloom again.
The Dogwoods will never recover their shape.
This Forsythia wasn't cut last year 
 but was cut severely at that time..
It hasn't bloomed since except the very tips this past Spring.




Since that time, they have 
had strict supervision and things have been much better.





I don't have a picture showing how tall and lush this Forsythia was before they cut it but you can pretty much tell from the branches they are picking up .
I would guess it was ten to twelve feet high.




I have a love/hate relationship with this Forsythia.
It was pretty before they cut it, affording privacy and shelter for bunnies and birds.
It's very ugly during the winter.
I suggested removing it and replacing it with a pine tree.
Request denied $$$$$..can't hurt to ask.

It did need to be cut....will it bloom next year?
Probably

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Strict supervision is good! Those guys just love to cut, cut, cut.

Beverly Frankeny said...

I am betting it will be fine next year....those things grow like weeds!!

Susie said...

Missy, I know that scary feeling....some times people just get carried away snipping and cutting. I have to watch Ted most times. LOL I think forsythia is beautiful when it's lush. But rather sad when the blooms and foliage are sparse. I hope it comes back hardier in the spring. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Saimi said...

I can see you have everything under control! Looks like a lot of work but obviously needs to be done or they'll take over. Maybe some day you will get your pine tree.

Mildred said...

Glad they have strict supervision now. At least here in GA, forsythia recovers well from being severely trimmed.

Lynne said...

I think it should be YOUR job!
Tell the "powers to be"!
No trim unless Missy approves!

Lowcarb team member said...

Strict supervision is good.
I'm sure it will be fine next year.

All the best Jan