Wednesday, June 14, 2017

BABIES EVERYWHERE


We have had an influx of baby birds around here lately.
We'll start with Jennie Wren.




My neighbor tends to leave her garage door open .
Now she has to...




This is what happens!!
The white marks are baby Wren beaks..
The nest was built way in the back of the garage on a book shelf.
Mom and Dad became very tame during this process.
The babes have flown the nest since I took this picture.





I was sad to see a Blue Jay after one of them soon after.









Chickadees chose this little barn house.
Mom would chirp at me every time I used this door which is often.










Her babes were gone the same day the wrens left.
Previously the Blue Jay robbed this nest.
I hope that was not the case this year.

Last but not least, Sparrows in the Blue Bird House.
They are still feeding their babies .
So far, so good..




Mother Nature can be harsh sometimes...
I hope she is good to you and that you have a beautiful weekend.

Linking with Eileen
Saturdays Critters


11 comments:

Lynne said...

Very true about Mother Nature . . .
Could you mention to "mother" that the in flux of chipmunks
needs to be curbed around here . . .
Tails in the air, flitting here and everywhere . . .
Driving Snickers crazzzzzzy . . .

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love all the cute baby birds. The little wrens and the chickadees are two of my favorites. Adorable photos. Stay cool. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They're not babies for long, are they?

NanaDiana said...

When we were building this house we had a mother bird build her nest in the garage area of the house. I would not let them tear the nest out to install the garage door until the babies hatched and left the nest. The 'crew' thought I was nuts....lol.

Nature is very harsh sometimes. xo Diana

Susie said...

Missy, We all want the eggs to hatch and the babies to be safe...honestly the adult birds can build their nest in some of the craziest places. Like right at the door or near a path way we all walk on. Yes, they raise cane when we walk by too. I love wrens and chickadees. Blessings for a good there. xoxo, Susie

Mildred said...

We have wrens under our deck. They wake me each morn!
I know Zoey has a grand time watching bird tv.

A Colorful World said...

How wonderful! I would love to have some babies birds on our property!

Saimi said...

I so love your bird photos - my husband is not a fan of birds as he doesn't like the way they poop on everything - So I get to appreciate them through your lovely photos - How sweet of those birds to build a nest in a garage, I'm surprised they figured out how to go under the door. Usually when they fly about in a panic trying to get out - just goes to show how safe they feel.

Lowcarb team member said...

So true about Mother Nature!
I did enjoy all of your photographs.

All the best Jan

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I love seeing and hearing the baby birds in the spring. It is true, Mother Nature can be cruel. Wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Gordon said...

Hi Missy, I love all your photos and the stories behind each one. we have a saying in this country,"give nature a home and it will come"
Tkke care, Gordon.