Wednesday, June 7, 2017

I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!




Please excuse the reflection but I couldn't pass up this opportunity to show you how inventive squirrels could be.
(Just in case you weren't aware)





About three months ago, I changed my feeders to this style.
I have been singing their praises until I saw this...
The idea is for them to hang from the bar.
At that time, their weight will close  any access to the bird seed.
It didn't take long for them to figure that out 
and go up under the bar.




Sometimes there are several squirrels at a time and they take off and land in the Maple tree you see in the picture. 
I have lost five branches due to this practice
 so I have moved the pole to protect the tree.
Just can't win...

I must say that they really have to work for the seed and aren't emptying these feeders.
I only have to fill them weekly instead of daily.
Just can't win...

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Smart little stinkers!
I wondered about that feeder . . .
We are having more trouble with the chippies
than the squirrels right now.
I give them my, "why can't we all just get along" lecture!
They aren't listening . . .

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Missy! Those dang squirrels. They always find a way! This is why I stopped using the feeders. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Mildred said...

Squirrels are pretty sneaky! lol

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, they're clever little buggers!

Lowcarb team member said...

Squirrels are so cheeky!

All the best Jan