Friday, June 16, 2017

IN MY GARDEN



This Poppy plant is five years old.




After years of being eaten by rabbits before the leaves
get higher than three inches,
it is loaded with buds and finally blooming.








The pods are pretty thick and take some time to burst 
permitting exposure of the Poppy inside.




Last year I planted a Clematis in front of my birdbath.




It looks happy..




What's a garden without bugs?
These guys are all over the place.




It seems like yesterday that I was saying "Happy May" !!
Happy June....
Have a lovely weekend.


6 comments:

Mildred said...

Happy June to you. I love poppies. Your clematis is so pretty in front of the bird bath. Wishing you a great day and a nice weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a gorgeous poppy! And that clematis is no slouch either!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Missy! I love the poppies, so pretty. The clematis is a favorite of mine too. Looks pretty near the birdbath. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Saimi said...

Your Poppy and Clematis are so pretty! I have a poppy plant but get to enjoy my neighbors clematis as it creeps over the fence.

Have a great weekend!
Saimi

Nora said...

I like all the photos on this blog.Love the gentle colors on the clematis and the poppy is so pretty. Great Shots. Have a wonderful weekend, cheers.

Latane Barton said...

That poppy is the most gorgeous thing! You have a real eye for placement, making things grow, color and beauty.