Friday, July 28, 2017

DAYS GONE BY

I was going through some old pictures the other day.
This is me many years ago at my Grandparents house.
That car is probably a Packard...1940's ??





My grandmother petting my Mom's horse "Gladstone" with
my mother and I on his back.




Love my haircut...






This is one of my favorite pictures..
One of my grandmothers used to say that I pouted all the time.
I have permanent frown lines between my eyes now.
I call them my thinking lines...





My sister and me..
We were usually dressed alike and often in matching pinafores.
This was taken at my other grandparents house.
That hedge was always the background...still there.




Same hedge....





This picture was taken in 1951 (ages 8-10).
Most of our teen age years' pictures were slides
 which were thrown away.




In our driveway...The house on the right is gone.




Glamour shots !!! Prom pictures..
Late 50's Age 16-17





This corner cabinet is in my living room now..
I refinished it years ago and the inside is now a grey blue.




This was in the early 60's...
My little sister is a lot taller than I am..maybe it's the shoes?




Oldies but goodies..Thanks for coming along.

Can you believe July is almost over?



11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, I love this series of old photos. Cute baby photos. You and your sister are pretty!

Happy Friday! Wishing you a great day and weekend!

NanaDiana said...

What wonderful, wonderful old pictures!! These are some of my favorites. I love seeing how cute you were growing up and the expression on your grandmother's face, petting that horse, is quite comical.

Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What great photos (and the memories to go with them, I'm sure). You always had very piercing eyes!

Saimi said...

I absolutely love looking at old photos!! You and your sister are so cute together, aren't sisters the best!!
So you're living in the house you grew up in? Thats pretty cool! Thanks for sharing those great photos it's so fun to go through and look back at our younger life.
Have a great weekend
Saimi

Susie said...

Missy, I love your photos. Such pretty dresses. I always longed to wear a formal...the closest was my wedding dress. LOL. I love the baby cap. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Mildred said...

Hi Missy, I love looking at these photos. You and your sister were so cute and I love the one with your dolls. Priceless treasures are old photos. Happy Weekend.

Stewart M said...

When my kids see pictures of me from the past, they always express surprise that I had hair of any sort!!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Lynne said...

Fun to see the pictures of "you two!"
Our entire family loves going through old pictures . . .
Gives me an idea for a family gathering!
(I have an attic full!)

Wild Oak Designs said...

Love the old photos!
We have hundreds that were passed down, we jokingly call our house "the Archive"....
treasure the photos you have. Most photos today are stuck on cell phones and in computers...which is sad.
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

How lovely to see these photographs Missy, they are very precious.

All the best Jan

Karen L. Bates said...

How fun, I just love seeing old pictures. Lucky that you have so many of those fun times. I always love seeing the old houses and cars too. That old ladder leaning against the house in the car picture...just screams, I'm falling! So straight up and down!