Monday, July 3, 2017

MY GARDEN THEN AND NOW


This was three years ago.

Due to a bit of "tweaking",
The two larger bushes (Red Twig Dogwoods)
are no longer there.
They got huge..covered my windows.
This was three years ago.




Today, it is quite different....at least twice as deep.
This year it needed some thinning.
Somehow I knew that would happen.











Last year a groundhog ate my coneflowers and this year,
they are gorgeous..I'll send him your way.

















This Oakleaf Hydrangea is huge..8x8 and growing.
Loads of flowers.
When I moved here it was next to my A/C...
I'm so glad that I moved it...it can get as big as it wants to here.





 I have these Hydrangeas on either side of it..
They were blue when I planted them but try as I might,
No amount of soil acidifier would keep them blue.
That is something that should be done very deeply 
and before you plant. Too late now.
I tested the soil and it is very alkaline.








I hope you are having a good summer...
Have a safe Independence Day.

6 comments:

Mildred said...

Missy, Your flowers are beautiful. I especially love the coneflowers. That's a cute "cat" next to the window too. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Lynne said...

Gorgeous Missy . . .
Quite the gardener you are!
Love the Oak Leaf Hydrangea
and the Pink who were once Blue.
You must have a perfect spot for the Cone Flower.
I enjoy them in the garden too, although mine have no buds . . .
Yet . . . I hope they decide to return!
Hearty bed of Lavender . . . ??
I think that is what it is.
I like best that you have so many flowers you can "snip"
for an inside bouquet . . .
Yes, Happy Independence Day to you as well!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Missy, your gardens and flowers are all lovely. I love the coneflowers! We had the groundhog problem too. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead! Wishing you and yours a happy 4th of July!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your garden looks terrific! Love that shot of the bee!

elizabethinva said...

happy 4th!! that was so funny. the black cat made me do a double take i thought it was a real cat. too funny!! love all your blooms. such rich views. we were at Hershey Gardens over Memorial Day weekend. the hubby had 3 days off. it was like there and gone. it was so rainy. but we did get to go kayaking one day. thanks for the views today. I loved them. take care. ( :

Nancy said...

Missy, you have a " bit of Heaven here on earth....in your own yard"! Gorgeous❣️ I do realize it takes a lot of tender, loving care, though....