Friday, July 21, 2017

YARD/MOVING SALE EXTRORDINAIRE


I recently attended a friends' moving/yard sale.
The furniture had been moved to storage so
everything on the first floor was for sale.




Cute scarves...




I love this print..Waiting for attention from the boss.
Everyone waiting for his turn to ask his question
or present his idea..





This is nice as well..pardon the reflection.




She took the doors off of her cabinets..
everything inside was for sale.









 She is a size 0-2..xsmall/petite
That is not a very common size around here.





The yard sale was to be spread  over three weekends.
The last weekend was to include this..
Certainly a daunting task just to go through
 it much less taking it upstairs.





My suggestion was to go through it looking for anything of value and then....
call the junk man or a flea market person to take everything!!!




 I think that is going to be the plan..there was only a week left .
There are some storage tubs under all of that
with some good linens and other keepers.




 I hope things work out without causing too much more stress.
It's hard to do all that when one is by ones self,
 moving across the country, has way too much stuff and a basement that looks like this....Yikes!!

PS...She went through it all and took it upstairs.
No more yard sales.
 Flea market people were called and finally a guy who
cleans out houses. After one truck load, he left.
The dumpsters were full..the house empty and she's on her way to 
Maine for some much needed R&R.
Then it's off to Oregon to live near her son and grandchildren.
A new chapter !!
 Good luck dear friend...I will miss you.


7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a daunting enterprise! I hope she made good money off her sale.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, moving can be stressful. Especially when you have to clean out a lifetime's worth of stuff. Having help to clean out the house is smart. I wish your friend all the best, Oregon is a beautiful state. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Mildred said...

I wish her much happiness in this new chapter. I know that was an overwhelming job. I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Lynne said...

Such a daunting task . . .
I have "stuff" . . .
STILL . . . after sorting through, giving away, donating!
Is it ever done . . .
I have a difficult time with what to do with my "collectibles."
Do not feel right just donating them . . .
I have given china, family crystal etc to daughter and DIL . . .
They aren't as interested in what I have treasured.
They each have their own treasures.
I appreciate this post reminder, I need to go through "things" again and again!
Size 0-2 not found here . . .
Did you find any treasures Missy . . . two prints?

Junebug said...

What a job she had. A much needed R&R for sure! She is moving to my state! Hope she enjoys it and it's not to much of an adjustment! Do you know what city she is moving too?

NanaDiana said...

It is hard to do something like that. I gave away so many things here this past year. I just couldn't quite bear to do a tag sale.
God bless this woman on her journey to a new life with her family.
I bet you will miss her. xo Diana

Stewart M said...

If the definition of yard sale looks like this post, my study looks like a yard sale most of the time!!! I consider the floor to be a prime storage area!

Cheers - Stewart M - Geneva, Switzerland