Monday, August 14, 2017

FLYING THE COOP



Look who's thinking about spreading his wings..Finally!!




It seems as though there have been babies in this birdhouse
since early spring.





I think this may be the second group of Sparrow fledglings.
I can tell this is the baby by his beak.






Mom came by frequently to "encourage" him to leave.




At one point they were both inside
 and the house was shaking a bit.
Maybe a little pushing and shoving??




Several times he stretched his wings for a very short flight out
 and immediately came back to the nest.





I took almost forty pictures in about a half hours time.
These were taken around noon.
Later,  before dinner, I was taking out the trash
and a very low flying sparrow almost hit me in the head and landed in the grass..
I hope they make it through their first few days.

Linking with Stewart..Wild Bird Wednesday


7 comments:

Latane Barton said...

I hope for smooth flying for that little one.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the baby sparrows are cute. I think they need more practice with their flying. Cute photos! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Lynne said...

Great series of pictures.
I hope that little one "finds his way". . .
and doesn't fly into you In the process!
Put on your helicopter hat!

Kimberly~Nutbrown Cottage said...

Awww, it's scary when we first spread our wings in the world. Birds know it, too. He'll be independent before he knows it!

Stewart M said...

The speed at which they transform from egg to flying bird is really remarkable.

Nice pictures.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh Missy these are such good photo's, captured the shots so well.

All the best Jan

Les Fous du Cap said...

Leur petite maison à l'air très confortable ;-)
Céline & Philippe