Monday, September 11, 2017

THE TALE OF THE TREE



This story took about a month to play out.
I don't have pictures of part I.
For a week or so when we walked this path, 
we had to duck under this limb.

As time went by and we had more rain, this is what happened.






I think the limb got wetter ,weaker and heavier
and just couldn't hold up it's weight.
There is a lot of foliage on this branch.





We walked around it for a week or so until it was taken care of.






I'm so glad that they didn't take down the entire tree..


5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am glad they did not have to take down the whole tree. The view of the walkway and street is pretty. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Stewart M said...

In a few years that cut on the tree may be a nice nesting hollow for something.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Susie said...

Missy, I would rather see trees trimmed before totally cutting them down. Ted trimmed some of the neighbor's fruit trees. He want them cut down, but we talked him into letting them be trimmed to see if they could survive. If they don't then Ted will cut them down for him. I was amazed at how much nicer their trees look and it also made the yard look more groomed. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
p.s. It's is becoming fall like here.

Lynne said...

A trim is much better than the whole thing . . .
(Oh the things we see while walking our dogs!)

Lowcarb team member said...

I too am so pleased they didn't take the whole tree down.

All the best Jan