I have noticed that the Yellow Finches still have a bit of yellow left.
In some lighting they look chartreuse with a pink blush.
I don't know if I was able to capture any of that coloring.
Maybe a little here??
Around this ones neck???
I guess they always go through this stage of coloring
but I guess I missed it somehow!!
Linking with Stewart
https://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/2019/11/wild-bird-wednesday-382-some-waders-for.html
and Eileen
https://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/2019/11/saturdays-critters-311.html?
A big shoutout of
THANKS
to all our Veterans.
Thank you for your service.









5 comments:
Missy, I really like gold finches. They a funny little call. I miss our birds. Too many predators. Missy just last month I saw my first bald eagle in my area. It was eating on something in the field down the road. I had Ted drive around the country block so I could see it again. It was back the next day. I was thrilled to see it. But still me loved seeing birds here. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
Hello,
Cute series on the finches. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!
Yes, you've caught their remaining smudges of colour!
I had no idea finches coloring fades. They must have been named when their color was at it's brightest. You always take such great pictures!
I think you've caught these birds just fine.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment