Instagram

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

STARTING TO HAVE SOME COLOR


Viola tricolor, Wild Pansy, or Johnny Jump Ups
I love these,
They were a gift from a special lady.




I had tried to get them last year but you have to get them early.
They are gone by the end of March.



My signature Geraniums.
I have to get these early as well.
I am very picky about the shade of red.
It has to be a blue red and they get picked over quickly.




More Johnny Jump Ups...so sweet.




A four year old Lilac bush that I planted at my neighbors.
I see it when I leave my garage with Mollie...They don't.






Also a much appreciated gift...I just love flowers.





Nesia Sunshine (Nemesia)
This is in the above arrangement..such a sweet little face.
It looks like a cross between a Pansy and a Snapdragon.














I found these sweet Jacobs Ladder...also in March
I love the color.




I found these in March as well.
“Little Leo” Doronicum…thanks Jack





I never saw this color Columbine before.




This Spring has been up and down weather wise.
My flowers spent three nights in the garage over a two week
period due to frost warnings.
They all survived!!
I prefer getting them early. 
The selection is better and the lines are shorter.





6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful variety of blooms. I love those tricolored pansies, they are lovely.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great photos! Such vibrant colours! I have always loved johnny-jump-ups and red geraniums too.

Jody in Georgia said...



Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.








Lynne said...

Beautiful flower catches Missy!
You have COLOR!
Enjoy . . .

Bee Haven Bev said...

Beautiful color!!!! If only we could keep that the whole way through the winter!!! But then I guess we’d be living in Florida!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

kind of shock your pansies are still around? mine have died. they never like our heat and humidity. so, i always have to find petunias or other warm/hot okay kind of blooms. nice posts. i did scroll a bit. enjoyed them. ( ;