Instagram

Monday, October 28, 2019

LITTLE STORIES


I'm sure that you don't remember this guy whose picture 
I took two winters ago.
I wan't sure he was still part of our herd but yesterday
he charged through my backyard making a U turn 
when a Fed Ex truck went by so I got a good look at him.
He's gorgeous..twice as big.
His rack and a half is twice as big as well..
The left side now is as big as his right side was in this picture..
but thicker. No camera ready..Who knew??






I'm missing our bunnies.
They were always out in the grass in the late afternoon.





Unfortunately their habitat was cut down to two feet high.
It is only just beginning to grow back.
Actually the deer in the first picture is standing next to it...
The birds will miss it this winter as well..




Hopefully they will return next spring.




It's the last week of October already...Enjoy!!






8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, It is nice to see the deer visiting again. The bunny is adorable. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Susie said...

Missy, I have not seen the rabbits around here since I have seen the owl. I wish he would get busy with those chipmunks. Squirrels will always be plentiful. I have not seen any deer in the woods across from us for a couple years, I think it's been the coyotes that have ran them off. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, bunnies (or new bunnies) always return! Like that deer apparently!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i wonder what happened to the deer antler? so sad. i wonder if he feel sad about it? love the bunny shot. great capture! ( ;

Lynne said...

I think of you living in a city atmosphere
but these pictures suggest a bit of country in the mix . . .
Still very green there too.
Why would a deer get a rack on just one side?

Stewart M said...

I do love that one sided deer! And of course the rabbits are great too!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

NanaDiana said...

What a beauty. I love deer and I know they are destructive to farms, etc., but there is just such a gentle, quiet loveliness to them. Love bunnies, too, and hope their habitat grows back in the spring. Happy last week of October. xo Diana

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see your photographs.
I'm sure the bunnies will come back when their habitat improves again, I do hope so.

All the best Jan